Content Harry Potter

Reviews

fyrecat posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2012 11:37pm for The Day the Magic Died

Interesting story. I like it!

Rexnos posted a comment on Monday 5th March 2012 2:30pm for The Day the Magic Died

This may seem slightly unrelated, but your story made me wonder (not for the first time) just why the wizarding world just sat back and stared as Voldemort did his thing. If a random terrorist organization, even one with a lot of big guns (I figure magic = guns in the modern world), attempted to make a move on an entire COUNTRY in this day and age, he'd be annihilated. There's just too many people and too many other guns to consider.

Even using guerilla tactics, it's just not feasible. The only conclusion I could draw is that the wizarding world is literally split down the middle. In Britain, there would have to be an even concentration of death eaters and non-death eaters. The only other alternative would be that the wizarding populace of Britain is a bunch of milk-drinking sissies, and I find that hard to believe. When people are pushed, the natural inclination is to push back.

In addition, what's with the stigma on killing with magic? In canon, a wand seems to be little different than the best swiss army knife in the world. So you don't use the killing curse, what's wrong with killing with a cutting curse? When your enemies are killing, I'd think it would be hard to justify only stunning them, no matter what tools are available to you.

Anyway, an interesting solution to the Voldemort problem. Seems very in character for canon Harry really. As much as he loves magic, he'd give it up if it meant saving the people he cares about. It also sheds a harsh light on Dumbledore's master plan. It seriously was convoluted as all nonsense. What's to say they wouldn't have missed a piece? Just goes to show that the series made a better children's story. That way I never had to question the motivations and intelligence behind a character's actions.

Later,

Rex

Tenchifew posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2012 4:22pm for The Day the Magic Died

Very interesting story.

Thank you for sharing.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2012 9:56am for The Day the Magic Died

Good one shot, more realistic than I usually find in this sort of story.

Wolfric posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2012 5:15am for The Day the Magic Died

Good story. I think I have read it before but I enjoyed it again. Thanks for writing. W.

Mathew McCrillis posted a comment on Saturday 3rd March 2012 11:37pm for The Day the Magic Died

Great job, it was a good read.

Cheers!

Hagrid posted a comment on Saturday 3rd March 2012 11:30am for The Day the Magic Died

And yet another brilliant story good Sir! Can't say as I've ever considered how magicals would view life without magic, 'cept in general terms o' course. Don't think Ron could'a made a go of it. But then, come ter think of it, can't imagine Ron making a go of it without his mummy to clear the path fer him anyway. So long as you authors keep writin stories, I'll be here to keep readin' em.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Saturday 3rd March 2012 10:38am for The Day the Magic Died

WIth a title like that, I keep wondering if Don MacLean's song could be adapted to fit this story. I reckon it could but I don't feel like exercising my cleverness that way right now. It's most definitely an appropriate way of dealing with Tom et al., though it does seem to be a rather large step to take. On the other hand, Harry's a survivor and he's quite capable of living without magic and away from the wizarding world; methinks he's probably scared a lot of folk with this move and that keeping a low profile would be a good move. I have to wonder if Ron was still even considering putting a move on Hermione after this or if the use of magic-removal scared even him off (assuming he figured out that they used it). Now that they're reunited, 'twill be most interesting to see how they progress; their personal life is obvious but the rest could get quite interesting, especially if Harry goes back and gets his non-magical credentials - though I can see him enjoying his present role and not desiring to change it.

noorelisa posted a comment on Saturday 3rd March 2012 9:52am for The Day the Magic Died

I like this story very much, especially where Harry and Hermione get closer and Ron is not one of the most important people anymore. Also, their fear of losing their magic is close to what I would feel if I lost my eyesight,so yes it is very believable to describe a pureblooded attitude.The end where Harry works as a Handyman is also very realistic, as he has no choice but to rely on skills acquired during his Muggle childhood. I am sure the happy end is possible, if Hermione stays away from the Wizarding world, or if their friends come to an understanding of sorts.

Thank you for this story, it cheers me up, the good guys win, and Voldie deconstructs.

Zamia posted a comment on Friday 2nd March 2012 11:32pm for The Day the Magic Died

At least he doesn't have to put up with Ron & Ginny. Can remember a story where Harry disappeared and was a gardener for some bloke who I think ended up being Hermione's Uncle. Can't remember the name. Intetersting story. Cheers.

Z