Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Tuesday 26th June 2012 1:39pm for The Tangled Threads of Time

Really good. Better than what actually occurred.

Anansii posted a comment on Friday 6th April 2012 3:03am for The Tangled Threads of Time

Made me think of what it would be like for the character inside a story that was undergoing its first draft when all sorts of possibilities come to the author's mind.

Since most of the movies were made before the final couple of books, the assumption by the movie writers that Harry would wind up with Hermoine made a fair amount of sense. Thus their handling of the whole thing. (I also get the impression that George Lucas didn't tell anything about his plans for Luke and Leia during New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. :) )

lwj2 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2012 4:31am for The Tangled Threads of Time

Very neat, sir, an excellent solution to what happens when two very stressed teenagers are left alone in a tent.

Thanks for writing and sharing this.

Mathew McCrillis posted a comment on Wednesday 21st March 2012 2:49am for The Tangled Threads of Time

Very nice story.

I personally have always thought of the movies as AU anyway, it helps with the nit picking about what they got 'wrong' if they are themselves the spinning of a different bard.

Cheers!

FeNo posted a comment on Tuesday 20th March 2012 7:04pm for The Tangled Threads of Time

What a wonderful way to mock the abomination that is "19 years later" and the movies :)

I agree with you on the Closet Harmonians, but what should they really do? Up til book five and partially during the last two even JKR herself was "closet harmonian". And they had already six movies before it where they had enlargened Hermiones role from the trios pocket study guide to a person as important for their adventures as Harry...

And: If you really think about it with five or six short paragraphs or sentences/dialogues cut out the 7th book would perfectly qualify for Harmony fiction, especially the camping trip during the Horcrux hunt... Quite like what you've done here... a short kiss on the cheek, no "like a sister" (where it should have been the other way around, most of the time he treated Ginny very much like Ron did, ergo sisterly) and one of the "almost at it" scenes turning into a snog or shag both enjoyed and there would never have been OBHWF.

You're still proving time and again that you are one of the most brilliant writers of Harmony on the internets with carefully planned and constructed plots and a wonderful level of emotional depth going into everything you post. Not to neglect the funny side of things.

Seeing that curse at work... lends to interesting possibilities, e.g. that the Longbottoms weren't driven crazy by a Cruciatus overexposure, but rather were successful victims of a stronger version of this curse and are now living simultaneously in several different parallel worlds so they can't really recognize which is their true reality and so can't react to it...

William Martin posted a comment on Tuesday 20th March 2012 5:24pm for The Tangled Threads of Time

Thanks for another wonderful story. Please keep up the good work.

Seriously, thank you.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 19th March 2012 11:03am for The Tangled Threads of Time

-chuckle- Quite the mix there, including the references to other fanfics. I suspect Tom's spell was intended to drive Harry crazy by sending his mid out to other, AU, timelines (including canon) but keeping it tethered to this one. Of course, Tom, like that other dark wizard, Albus, totally ignored the power of the love Harry & Hermione share and her intelligence; thus the ability to overcome the effects of the spell. This does sound like the final effort of the spell before it's totally negated and expunged; I doubt they'll mind that at all, since they can still use it as an excuse for hot and enthusiastic sex.

Zamia posted a comment on Monday 19th March 2012 3:34am for The Tangled Threads of Time

Canon shmanon. Something had to be done to rectify the crapilog and this is a pretty good version. Anything to get Hermione into Harry's arms is enjoyable. Cheers.

Z

Rexnos posted a comment on Monday 19th March 2012 1:33am for The Tangled Threads of Time

While Rowling's world was full of life, her characters were always more than a little one dimensional and boring. I'm not sure what she was thinking when she got Harry and Ginny together. She was the most one dimensional and boring character out of them all. We never really knew anything about her save that she liked Quidditch...

Anyway, fun story. Waking up with no idea where you are is terrifying. I imagine it's worse when you don't even know what's going on. Certainly an interesting idea.

Later,

Rex

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 18th March 2012 8:51am for The Tangled Threads of Time

Seems to be as good an explanation for canon as there can be! I certainly enjoyed this

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 18th March 2012 12:58am for The Tangled Threads of Time

I really like this story. It is wonderful to learn Harry didn't name his second son Albus Severus. What a horrible lable to put on an innocent child. I really liked the diffferences you came up with. The DA finishing off Voldemort was great. I'm glad Neville got to kill Nagini. It was really poetic justice that Dobby finished off Bellatrix. Very well done. I really like these different avenues you have taken instead of canon. These are the reason i like Fan Fiction so much. Harry and Hermione are together at last. Hermione expecting their first was a great way to finish the story. That and making love. Thanks for writing. Patches

kyoshi posted a comment on Sunday 18th March 2012 12:10am for The Tangled Threads of Time

Interesting story but not an exciting story.

brad posted a comment on Saturday 17th March 2012 10:12pm for The Tangled Threads of Time

> "That scene makes more sense now," he commented.

Hee. :-)

Yes, that applies across the board to both (book) canon and the movieverse. Amusing how you juxtoposed the two in Harry's ramblings. Needless to say - but I'll say it anyway - I enjoyed your poking at the various holes in both as you skipped past.

> "It turns out that the best treatment for Cruciatus exposure is maximum skin contact."

Excellent fanfic author Semprini posed the same principle for his own work. As Dumbeldore says in his 'Veil of Mystery' story:

"Part of the effect of the Cruciatus Curse is to make one feel cut off from everything, everything except pain," Dumbledore said. "After even a short time of such isolation, human contact is very healing."

Which makes sense! And a good reason to hug Hermione. :-)

Interesting that you had the assembled DA defeat Riddle, rather than the 'Chosen One'.

Great to see another story from you! You published it at a perfect time, just after Sunday lunch! :-) Thanks.